Football Trivia Contest
By participating in the Football Trivia Contest, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions contained herein.
In addition to these Terms & Conditions, the rules, regulations and methods of participation of the Contest together with the service terms and conditions which are set out on www.hotlink.com.my
shall bind you in your participation in the Contest. Failure to comply with the said terms, conditions, rules, regulations, instructions or methods will result in your participation disqualified.
The laws of Malaysia shall govern the Contest. In addition, you should ensure that you comply with and do not contravene laws and regulations to which you may be personally subject to.
The Contest is open to all Hotlink Hot Tiket Bola and Hotlink Hot Tiket Bola 2.0 subscribers who are residents of Malaysia only.
Employees of the Maxis group of companies, their associated agencies, dealers, distributors, sponsors and immediate family members may participate in this Contest but will not be eligible to be selected as winners.
This Contest will start from 15th September 2011 @ 00:00:01 to 29th February 2012 @ 23:59:59, both dates inclusive.
- During the period from 15th September 2011 to 29th February 2012, upon activation of this Hotlink Hot Tiket Bola or Hotlink Hot Tiket Bola 2.0, the subscriber will be eligible to take part in the Football Trivia Contest.
- This challenge requires participants to answer questions that are randomly picked by the game server.
- Upon activation, the subscriber will receive:
- 1) With every purchase of Hot Tiket Bola RM10 or Hot Tiket Bola 2.0 RM10, 3 trivia questions.
- 2) With every purchase of Hot Tiket Bola RM15 or Hot Tiket Bola 2.0 RM15, 6 trivia questions.
- The winners will be based on highest number of correct answers.
- Monthly winners will be announced every month. Every month, the participating subscriber with the highest number of correct answers wins the grand prize. The subsequent top 10 highest number of correct answers will win the consolation prize.
- Participants are encouraged to activate more Hot Tiket Bola or Hot Tiket Bola 2.0 for more trivia questions to increase chances of winning.
- Every questions needs to be answered before the next Hot Tiket Bola or Hot Tiket Bola 2.0 activation.
- You will not be able to answer the previous unanswered questions once you have activated a new Hot Tiket Bola or Hot Tiket Bola 2.0 and a new set of questions will be issued.
- In the case where the participants have the same score, the participant with the highest accumulated value of purchased Hot Tiket Bola and Hot Tiket Bola 2.0 and the earliest to submit the answers will win.
- Participants may participate in one or more language categories, but each contestant is only eligible to win one (1) Monthly Grand Prize and one (1) Monthly Consolation Prize during the entire period of the Contest. At any time of the month, each participant can only win one (1) prize.
- Proof of sending the SMS is not proof of receiving.
- Before taking part in the Contest, participants must evaluate and understand the charges/ fees chargeable for participating in the Contest. Each participant will be liable for each SMS/call made under the Contest regardless of whether or not such SMS/call charges/ fees are updated in the billing record of such participant in a timely manner
- RM0.15 for every reply sent;
- Participants shall be responsible for the bill charges and top-ups should their account be barred or suspended.
The participant with highest scores and correct answers for the trivia questions monthly, will be selected as the winners.
Maxis or its agent via their mobile phones will contact the winners and their particulars may be posted within twenty (20) working days on www.hotlink.com.my or any other mediums as deemed fit by Maxis after the completion of the Contest. Participants are encouraged to keep their mobile phones activated during this period. In the event Maxis is unable to contact a particular winner after attempting to do so for two (2) consecutive days, that winner will automatically be disqualified and the next participant will be selected.
Results once announced are final. Disputes or appeals will not be entertained.
The due observance and fulfillment of these Terms and Conditions insofar as they relate to anything to be done or complied with by the participant shall be conditions precedent to any entitlement (if any) of the participant to receive a prize and/or reward pursuant to this Contest.
A. Grand Prize
1. One winner will be announced per month from total participation from both Hot Tiket Bola and Hot Tiket Bola 2.0.
2. The Grand Prize is a full-expense paid trip to England to catch, live, the BPL match, for two persons.
3. In the event where the winner is :
a. aged below 18 years : A guardian must be selected as the traveling companion for the trip to England.
b. Aged above 18 years, and traveling companion is 18years below: The winner will be the guardian throughout the period of the trip.
4. All winners/ guardians/ travelling companions will need to agree to and complete the Disclaimer of Liability Notice form.
5. MMSSB reserves the rights to decide on the winners' travel dates to England.
6. MMSSB reserves the rights to decide on the itinerary and arrangement of the trip to England.
7. During the entire tour period, winners and their respective companions shall not break away from the tour group.
B. Consolation prize
1. 10 winners will be announced per month from total participation from Hot Tiket Bola and Hot Tiket Bola 2.0.
2. The Consolation Prize is an original Football jersey of a BPL Football club.
3. MMSSB reserves the right to decide on the BPL Football club jersey to be given.
4. MMSSB reserves the right to decide on the size of the jersey to be given.
5. All prizes will be couriered to the respective winners.
6. All prizes are used/accepted entirely at the risk of the winner at all times and Maxis excludes all warranties in connection with any prize to the extent permitted by law.
All prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash.
Participants who are registered with more than one (1) prepaid account may only win one (1) Monthly Grand Prize and one (1) Monthly Consolation Prize..
If a specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, Maxis may at its discretion substitute a similar prize or one of equivalent value.
Winners shall be responsible for any (if any) additional costs, duties, taxes and/or other incidental expenses which may be incurred as a result of and/or related to the winners' acceptance of the prize.
Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to Maxis and its agencies to use the winner's name, photograph and/or likeness for purposes of advertising, editorial, promotional, marketing, trade and/or other purposes without further compensation and notice, unless prohibited by law.
Acceptance of the prize constitutes a release and discharge of Maxis and its corporations, by each winner from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and/or damages which the winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to :
- the Promotion
- personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the winner as a result of the use and/or employment of the prize
- any tax liabilities in relation to the Promotion, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
There may be circumstances due to volume and network capacity management, SMS may arrive outside the Contest Period, this is beyond the control of Maxis. Such entries will be disqualified.
You will not be entitled to any refund for any disqualified entries due to volume and network capacity management and other circumstances out of the control of Maxis.
By participating in the Contest, the participant expressly consents and authorises:
- for his particulars to be posted on www.hotlink.com.my or any other medium as Maxis sees fit for purposes of announcing the winners;
- Maxis to utilise the winner's detail and personal information provided including but not limited name and photograph for promotional or advertising purposes or any other use as it deems fit and without prior notice or consent required from the winner and without further compensation and notice, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
The participants agree to release and hold Maxis free and harmless of any all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with this Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
Maxis is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of our telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet.
Maxis reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant that is found or suspected of tampering with the Contest submission process, the operation of this Contest or to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions. Maxis reserves the right to disqualify any participant and/or to forfeit any prize and/or reward from a participant it believes has undertaken fraudulent practice and/or activities or other activities harmful to this Contest or the Contest submission process. Fraudulent activities is deemed to include but not be limited to the following:
(i) Any act of deceit and/or deception and/or cheating;
(ii) Submission of answers and/or entries and/or responses by any person other than the natural person who is the named Maxis subscriber participating in the Contest; and/or
(iii) Submission of answers and/or entries and/or responses wholly or partially by way of and/or generated by way of any electrical device, computer, pre-programmed modem or by any other method or device which contravenes the submission of answers and/or entries and/or responses as stipulated in part (ii) herein above.
It is hereby declared that the English version of these Terms & Conditions shall be regarded as the official version for all intents and purposes and that these Terms & Conditions appearing in languages other than English are merely translations of the official version. In the event of inconsistencies between the English version of these Terms & Conditions and any of the translated version(s), it is hereby declared that the English version shall be adopted.
Maxis reserves the right:
- to change, amend, revise, supplement, delete, vary or add to these Terms & Conditions without prior notice at any time and you shall be bound to such changes, amendments, revisions, supplements, deletions, variations or additions.
- at any time, change any aspect of the Contest without prior notice.
- at its sole discretion to cancel, suspend, modify or delay the Contest or tabulation of votes in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- In the event of any dispute, MMSSB reserves the right of final decision in the matter.
By continued participation of this Contest, you will be deemed to have accepted any changes, amendments, revisions, supplements, deletions, variations or additions, which may be published in www.hotlink.com.my
Maxis shall not be liable to the subscribers or any other party for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by a participant or subscriber as a result of participation or non-participation in the Contest or as a result of any act or omission on the part of Maxis.
Maxis, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and representatives are not responsible for defective prizes or misuse of any prize, or for any claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the Contest or any contest promoted by Maxis.