Version [23 OCT 2018]
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Hotlink Rewards (“Program”) refers to the whole Hotlink Rewards Program structure;
Hotlink Rewards Campaign (“Campaign”) refers to the duration in which the Reward Points are valid and set of rewards are available for redemption.
- All Hotlink subscribers except for the Hotlink Tourist sim are eligible to participate in this Program.
- Participant must have the Hotlink Red App installed.
- The Program is organized by Maxis Mobile Services Sdn Bhd ('Maxis') and is open to all Prepaid subscribers of Maxis(‘Hotlink’) who-
- are residents of Malaysia;
- Participants below the age of 18 years must obtain written parental consent to participate, a copy of which is to be made available to Maxis upon request at any time. In the event the parent of the participant (“Parent”) allows the participant to participate in this Program, the Parent acknowledges and agrees that these terms and conditions shall be binding upon the Parent. Participants of this Program shall mean the person who is registered to participate in the Program, and shall be subject to proof of eligibility and suitability requirements as stipulated within these Terms and Conditions and as determined by Maxis;
- Participants must maintain an active Hotlink account throughout the duration between the Campaign Start Date and Time and the Campaign End Date and Time (“Campaign Period”). The account must not be suspended or terminated for any reason whatsoever during the Campaign Period up to the fulfillment of any rewards or prizes.
- The following group of persons shall not be eligible to win items in the Mystery Gift category-
- permanent or contract employees of Maxis (including its associated or related companies) and their immediate family members (children, parents, brothers and sisters, including spouses);
- representatives, employees and/or agents of the content, advertising, promotion services providers for this Program and their immediate family members (children, parents, brothers and sisters, including spouses)
- By participating in this Program, the Participant agrees to be bound by the Terms & Conditions contained herein inclusive of any other applicable Terms & Conditions for the use of the content and/or service, as set out in http://www.maxis.com.my/personal/general/tnc_main.asp shall apply. Failure to comply with any applicable terms, conditions, rules, regulations, instructions or methods may at the discretion of the Company result in the Participant being disqualified as a winner.
- Participants are required to settle all outstanding amounts/bills contributed by this Program (if any) before the start of the applicable Campaign Period notwithstanding any dispute and/or disagreement on the participant’s part with regards to the contents of the said bills.
- In the event a participant fails to fully settle the outstanding amounts/bills contributed by this Program (if any), the Participant is disqualified from the Program and the entitlement to any prize(s) will be automatically forfeited. Notwithstanding the participant’s disqualification or the forfeiture of such prize(s) and/or campaign(s), the participant shall continue to be liable for such outstanding bills until full settlement of the same.
- Maxis' decision on the winners of the prizes shall be final and conclusive and no correspondence, complaint or appeal shall be entertained by Maxis at any time during or after the Campaign Period.
- Maxis reserve the right to replace or substitute the prizes with other items of equivalent value without any notice to the winners.
- The winner may be contacted for instructions for redemption. All participants should keep their mobile phones switched on and their accounts active during this period. Maxis shall not be responsible nor are they liable if the winner cannot be contacted for any reason whatsoever following efforts by Maxis to contact the winner via the phone following three (3) attempts in three consecutive days. If Maxis is unable to reach the winner after the stipulated attempt above, or, if the winner is unable to make it on the dates of the collection/experiences, Maxis reserves the right to disqualify the winner and to select the next eligible winner in line who fulfill the winning criteria to win the prize.
- Participants are not entitled to demand or request for specific prizes conditions/ requirements such as change of prizes etc.
- The prize set out above shall be used/taken entirely at the risk of the winners at all times and Maxis excludes all warranties and liabilities in connection with the prize to the fullest extent permitted by law. The prize is non-transferable, non-assignable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other item.
- The winners shall be responsible for any additional costs, duties, taxes and/or other incidental expenses which may be incurred as a result of and/or related to the winner's acceptance or use of the prize.
- Some prizes will be couriered to the winner. Prizes will be sent to the address provided by the winner at the time of call from a Maxis employee. Prizes will be sent with basic courier services with tracking information. In the event the parcel does not reach you for any reason, Maxis does not hold any responsibility for the prize not reaching you. Prizes will arrive within 60 days from the time of call to the customer.
- By accepting the prize, the winners expressly grant permission to Maxis and its agencies to use the winners’ name, photograph and/or likeness for purposes of advertising, editorial, promotional, marketing, trade and/or other purposes without further compensation and notice.
- Acceptance of the prize by the winners constitute a release and discharge of Maxis and its related companies, by or from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and/or damages which the winners may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to-
- the Program;
- personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the winner as a result of the use, employment and/or acceptance of the prize or
- any tax liabilities in relation to the Program, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- Maxis reserves the right-
- to change, amend, revise, supplement, delete, vary or add to these Terms & Conditions without prior notice at any time and the Participant shall be bound to such changes, amendments, revisions, supplements, deletions, variations or additions;
- at any time, change any aspect of the Campaign (including the prizes and discontinuing the Campaign) without prior notice; and
- at its sole discretion to cancel, suspend, modify or delay the Campaign in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control. By continued participation in this Campaign, the Participant's will be deemed to have accepted any changes, amendments, revisions, supplements, deletions, variations or additions, which may be published in http://www.hotlink.com.my or http://www.maxis.com.my
- This Program and the prizes are provided on an "AS IS" basis without any representations or warranties of any kind whether express or implied. Maxis, its related and affiliated corporations disclaim and exclude all warranties relating to or in connection with the Program and the Prizes including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purposes, security and accuracy.
- In no event shall Maxis, its related and affiliated corporations, sponsors, agencies and representatives be liable to the participant or to anyone else for any loss or injury or any direct, indirect, special, exemplary, consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever, whether in contract, negligence or in tort, arising out of or in connection to the Program and the prize including (without limitation) any cancellation or postponement of the campaigns.
- Maxis shall not be liable to the participants or for any other party for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature suffered by a participant or such other party as a result of participation or non-participation in the Program or as a result of any act or omission on the part of Maxis.
- Maxis is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or member communications, or any problems or technical malfunction of our telecommunications network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet.
- Maxis reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant that is found or suspected of tampering with the Reward point accumulation process, the operation of this Program or to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions. Maxis reserve the right to disqualify any participant and/or to forfeit any prize from a participant it believes has undertaken fraudulent practice and/or activities or other activities harmful to this Program. Fraudulent activities are deemed to include but not be limited to any act of deceit and/or deception and/or cheating;
- The personal information/personal data collected may be used in future by Maxis to provide participants with further information about similar campaigns and information in relation thereto, which subscribers may opt out of by informing Maxis of the participant’s decision to do so. Participants’ personal information/personal data is subject to the safeguards concerning privacy and security of data as set out in the Maxis Group Privacy Statement and the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Participants shall ensure that all personal information/personal data provided to Maxis are accurate and correct at the point of submission and that Maxis is kept informed and updated of any change in their personal information/personal data.
- The Program shall in all respects be governed by the laws of Malaysia. However, it shall be the participants’ sole responsibility and obligation to ensure that the participants comply with and do not contravene with any laws to which the participants may be personally subject to.