Frequently Asked Questions
Pakej 5G RAHMAH
Pakej 5G RAHMAH is an initiative by the government for all Malaysian in the form of subsidized telco packages in collaboration with local telecommunication service providers. The objective of this initiative is to provide an affordable package to enjoy 5G network connectivity.
Pakej 5G RAHMAH will commence from 31 August 2023 until 31 December 2023, subject to subsidy and stock availability.
Eligibility as follows:
Who and how to be eligible? Where to sign up?
- All Malaysian aged 18 years old and above
- Applicable for new registration with a new number;
- Switching from other local providers (port-in)
- Change from Hotlink Prepaid to Hotlink Postpaid
- Change from Hotlink Postpaid 30, 40, and 60 to Hotlink Postpaid 70
- Maxis Stores nationwide
Pakej 5G RAHMAH offer as follows:
For all Malaysian
*Stock of the device will be subjected to availability
For the first 100,000 B40 Segment Customers
*Maxis Stores staff will advise if you are eligible and subjected to device stock availability
- *Monthly Bill Rebate of RM10 for 24 months on Hotlink Postpaid 70 (for this plan’s feature, click HERE) and bundle with device contract as follows. You must choose either one below;
*The rebate will be reflected from month 2 onwards
- Samsung Galaxy A14 5G on 24-month contract
Device Upfront Fee: RM219.00
*Device Advance Payment: RM240.00
- Honor 90 Lite 5G on 24-month contract
Device Upfront Fee: RM239.00
*Device Advance Payment: RM270
- The manufacturer warranty of the device will be extended from 12 months to 24 months
- Additionally, from the “For all Malaysian” column, you will enjoy:
RM120 Device Subsidy which will offset the Device Upfront Fee for Samsung Galaxy A14 5G or Honor 90 Lite 5G
*We are collecting Device Advance Payment as a token of your commitment. The amount will be refunded to you in bill via over 12 months.
Walk-in to nearest Maxis/ Hotlink Stores and we will check for you. If you are eligible and interested in our offerings, we will proceed with the registration, subject to subsidy and stock availability.
Pakej 5G RAHMAH is only applicable for the bundle mentioned in question 3.
Each eligible MyKad: “For all Malaysian”, you can opt in for two (2) device contracts per NRIC and for “The first 100,000 B40 Segment Customers, you can only redeem the RM120 Device Subsidy for ONCE (1 time) within the offer period.
We are sorry that the subsidy given by the Government of Malaysia is only applicable for once (1 time). If you have redeemed with Hotlink, you can redeem with other service providers or vice-versa.
Yes, you will be contracted for 24 months for the device contract. Should you change to lower package (Hotlink Postpaid 30, 40 and 60, Maxis Family Plan, and Maxis Postpaid Share 48, Hotlink Prepaid) * or termination, an Early Termination Fee (ETF) for the device contract will be charged as follows and the RM10 monthly bill rebate will be forfeited:
Penalty Amount = [(Recommended Retail Price (RRP) – Upfront Cost) x (Remaining month(s) ÷ 24 months)] + RM 100
*For higher package which are Hotlink Postpaid plans, you will continue to enjoy the RM10 monthly bill rebate and there won’t be any ETF charged.
Need to get in touch with us?
Contact Hotlink Customer Service