Switch To Hotlink - General
What is switch to Hotlink?
Switch to Hotlink or Mobile Number Portability (MNP) allows you to change to a new mobile service provider, while maintaining your existing mobile number.
Do I have to terminate my mobile service with my current service provider before porting or switching to Hotlink?
Do not cancel current service with your existing service provider prior to porting over to Hotlink as it will prevent you from keeping your old number.
Only active numbers can request to port-over to new service provider. To switch to Hotlink, you just need to make your request at any Maxis store, Hotlink store or Hotlink Online Store at https://store.hotlink.com.my/
Where can make my request to switch to Hotlink?
You can switch to Hotlink by:
- Hotlink Postpaid: Maxis stores, Hotlink stores or Hotlink Online Store (available for switch without phone sign up)
- Hotlink Prepaid: Maxis stores or Hotlink stores
What do I have to do before switching to Hotlink?
- Ensure your current line remains active until the switching process is completed
- Clear any outstanding bills or contract obligations with your current service provider.
- Ensure that you are using the same ID (NRIC/Passport) that you use to register with your current service provider when you are registering with Hotlink.
How much do I have to pay for switching?
Switching request is free of charge.
Do I get a new SIM card when I request to port-in to Hotlink?
Your will get a new SIM card when you request to switch to Hotlink. If your request is done online, a new SIM will be delivered to you. Insert the Hotlink SIM card to your phone when you receive a confirmation from your current service provider that your current service is going to be terminated.
How long does it take to switch to a new a service provider?
The switch process takes up to 2 business days for individual registration.
Can I get someone else to submit my request to switch to Hotlink?
No. Only the registered owner of the mobile number can perform the switch to Hotlink.
May I switch my number to Hotlink Postpaid if I am a prepaid user with my current service provider?
Yes, you can request to port-in to any Postpaid plans and vice versa.
My port-in fails, what do I need to do?
You will receive an SMS to notify you on the failure reason. Should you need further clarification, do contact us at 1300-820-120.
What happens after Port-in completion?
- After submitting your request to switch to Hotlink, your current provider will send you a confirmation SMS.
- Make sure you follow the SMS instruction before the stated deadline. SMS replies are case sensitive.
- Once your current service provider SIM is no longer working, do switch to the Hotlink SIM provided.