Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to set up before using this service?
- Open the Google Play Store app. (make sure you're signed in)
- Check WiFi is turned off, and you're on the Maxis/Hotlink 3G/4G network and SMS is enabled.
- Go to Menu > Account > Add payment method > Bill my Maxis/Hotlink Account
- The new payment method is now added to your Google account.
- All set. Launch any app to start marking in-app purchase, or buy paid apps on Google Play Store.
Do I have to do this every time I want to pay with Hotlink Credit/Maxis Direct Billing?
No, you only need to do it once before the first purchase.
Is there a limit to my Google Play™ purchases with Hotlink Credit or Maxis Direct Billing?
- For Postpaid, the limit is RM 500/month ( account tenure 4 months and above). For account tenure less than 4 months, the limit is RM55. To increase the limit, please contact customer services for assistance. For supplementary line customers, your purchase limit can only be changed by the principal line holder.
- For Prepaid, it is no limit to make purchase on Google Play™ as long as you have sufficient Hotlink Credit.
I can’t set up my Maxis Direct Billing / Hotlink Credit payment method due to failed verification. What should I do?
If you are having this problem, please make the following changes to your settings:
- Ensure all data saver is switched off (phone & chrome settings)
- Under your phone settings, search for Apps > Google Play Services > Storage > Clear data & clear cache. Do the same under Apps > Google Play Store.
- At the same time, ensure that under Apps > Google Play Services > Permissions, all permissions are allowed. Do the same under Apps > Google Play Store. If the above steps do not help with verification, you can contact the Google Customer Care Hotline.