Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”)
– Subscription Video On Demand
Version [2 September 2016]
- The Service: Subscription Video On Demand (“SVOD”) service in collaboration with Maxis’ SVOD content partners.
- You: Person(s) signing up/subscribing to the Service.
- The use of the Service is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy (www.maxis.com.my/FUP) Viu,ErosNow, iflix and Hopster terms and conditions; and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at (www.maxis.com.my/tnc/personal).
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Service and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Service, plan(s) or packages at www.maxis.com.my/tnc or www.hotlink.com.my/tnc, including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service and/or plan(s) or packages (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Services and/or plan(s) or packages) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you may discontinue using the plan(s) and/or the Service, failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
Eligibility, Use, Features and Restrictions of the Service
- The Service is open to all prepaid mobile customers who are residents of Malaysia; are at least 18 years of age; and maintain an active prepaid Account.
- Maxis, Hotlink Wireless Broadband and Maxis Fibre Internet/Maxis Home Fibre Internet customers are not eligible for the Service.
- The Service is strictly for access in Malaysia only.
- The 30-day unlimited access to content provided by Maxis’ SVOD content partners and sponsored by Maxis is a promotion which allows you access to the Service with no subscription fee for a 30-day period from the subscription date.
- The Promotion commences on 1 April 2016 at 12.00am until further notice ("Promotion Period") and is a one-time promotional offer for each customer. Upon expiry of the unlimited access number of days, you will be subject to applicable charges as updated on our website. Maxis reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to vary, change, postpone or re-schedule the Promotion Period with notice through our website or other modes.
- Once the Promotion Period ends, you will be subject to applicable charges as updated by us on our website at www.hotlink.com.my
- You will be disqualified from use of the Service if you fail to comply with this SSTC, GTC, Agreement, rules, regulations, instructions or methods.
- By activating and/or using the Service, you accept:-
- the specific service terms and conditions governing the use of the Service are as set out by the Maxis SVOD content partners currently on their website and through the following link (please visit http://hotlink.com.my/tvnow):
- that there are minimum requirements (including but not limited to operating system, office client, and browser requirements) as may be stipulated by our SVOD content partners (from time to time) which must be met in order for you to utilise the Service.
- Our SVOD content partners’ Service is non-transferable, whether by operation of law or otherwise, either to any other person, entity or account.
- We do not warrant that the Service will be uninterruptible and/or error-free. By subscribing to the Service, you acknowledge and agree that Maxis shall not in any manner whatsoever be liable for any interruption and/or any error arising from the Service and/or usage of the Service.
- You will be charged monthly for the use of the Service at the applicable rates stated, and published from time to time on our website at www.hotlink.com.my/tvnow via UMB and Hotlink RED App. Charges displayed do not include all applicable taxes and GST.
Things we may do to the Service
- We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Service(s) for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Service if your usage:
- shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on our Network;
- is for unlawful activities or suspected fraudulent activities;
- is not in accordance with the Maxis SVOD content partners’ terms and conditions, this SSTC and Agreement; or
- is for commercial/non-personal purposes.
- Subject to our GTC, you may at any time unsubscribe to the Service from the Maxis SVOD content partners’ service sites.
Subscription Video on demand with data 2GB package
- This promotion is effective from 30 September 2016 until 31 December 2016 and open to all prepaid customers.
- The data 2GB SVOD data can only be utilised for video streaming on Maxis’ SVOD content partners’ services (please visit http://hotlink.com.my/tvnow) and will depend on which Maxis SVOD content partner you subscribed to.
- We will ensure, on a best efforts basis, that all traffic associated with the SVOD Services is covered as part of the SVOD plan. However, as there are some shared resources between the SVOD partners and other 3rd party web and video sites, there will be some browsing usage that may be drawn from your 2GB SVOD data, which would otherwise have been drawn from the base you subscribed to.
- The SVOD package with 2GB data will be auto-renewed every 30 days until the promo ends. This includes renewal of the premium subscription and the data streaming.