Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) - Maxis Device Contract
Version [23 September 2021]
- The Offer: Maxis Postpaid or Hotlink Postpaid for a Maxis Device Contract.
- You: Person(s) signing up for the Offer.
- This Offer shall apply to these participating Maxis Postpaid rate plans and Hotlink Postpaid Plans:
- Maxis Postpaid 68/98/128/158/188 Plan; and
- Hotlink Postpaid 40/60 Plan.
- By accepting this Offer, you will enjoy:
- up to 1 device (“Device”) at the price stipulated for the particular device if you subscribe to Maxis Postpaid 68/98/128/158/188 plan; or
- up to 1 Device at the price stipulated for the particular device if you subscribe to Hotlink Postpaid 40/60 Plan.
- This Offer and use of the Service(s) is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all https://www.maxis.com.my/terms-conditions/personal/general/maxis-fair-usage-policy/ and www.maxis.com.my/tnc/personal
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, the GTC, Offer and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the plan(s) and Service(s) at www.maxis.com.my/tnc), including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s), and/or plan(s) (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of the Agreement, Services, and/or plan(s)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the Plan(s) and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- A principal line must be registered in your name and be an active account under an individual Maxis Postpaid rate plan and/or Hotlink Postpaid 40/60 Plan offered by us.
- You are ineligible for this Offer if you have any outstanding payments with us.
- This Offer is inapplicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
- The rate table guide for the rate plan under this Offer is as set out on our website at https://www.maxis.com.my/devices/. Rates displayed do not include all applicable taxes.
- You are responsible for payment of all Charges associated with the Offer.
Deposit and Advance Payment
- A deposit of RM500 is chargeable for non-Malaysians subscribing to the Maxis Postpaid Rate Plans and a deposit of RM150 is chargeable for non-Malaysians subscribing to the Hotlink Postpaid Plan.
- Advance payment based on the eligible rate plan under this Offer will be reflected in your bill.
Minimum Period of Service(s) and Early Termination
- The minimum commitment period of the Offer available to you are as follows:
- A twenty four (24) months minimum commitment period, if you are subscribed to participating Maxis Postpaid Rate Plans (other than Maxis Postpaid 68) and/or Hotlink Postpaid 60 Plan ; or
- A twelve (12) months minimum commitment period, if you are subscribed to participating Hotlink Postpaid 60 Plan; or
- A twelve (12) months minimum commitment period, if you are subscribed to Maxis Postpaid 68 Plan and/or Hotlink Postpaid 60 Plan offer under Jaringan Prihatin Program; or
- A twenty-four (24) months minimum commitment period, if you are subscribed to participating Maxis Postpaid Rate Plans and/or Hotlink Postpaid 40 Plan under Jaringan Prihatin Program;
- You shall NOT during the Minimum Period of Service:
- terminate your Maxis mobile account or port out to another mobile service provider;
- suspend your Maxis mobile account;
- have your Maxis mobile account terminated for non-payment of monthly bills;
- change the rate plan you had registered for pursuant to the Offer. However, any upgrade of a rate plan by you is allowed with an upgrade fee where applicable; and/or
- change or transfer ownership of this Offer and Service(s).
- If any of the events in Clause 17 above occurs, you shall pay us an early termination charge as set out in clause 19 below.
- Applicable early termination charges are set out below:
- For 24 months Minimum Period of Service: You agree that Maxis has the right to impose an early termination charge you are responsible to pay if you terminate your 24-months contract before its expiry. The early termination charge is calculated based on [(Recommended Retail Price (RRP) – Upfront Cost) x (Remaining month(s) ÷ 24 months)]. Payment of the early termination charge is payable by you in addition to all monies owing to us up to the time of early termination.
- For 12 months Minimum Period of Service: You agree that Maxis has the right to impose an early termination charge you are responsible to pay if you terminate your 12-months contract before its expiry. The early termination charge is calculated based on [(Recommended Retail Price (RRP) – Upfront Cost) x (Remaining month(s) ÷ 12 months)]. Payment of the early termination charge is payable by you in addition to all monies owing to us up to the time of the early termination.
- Please note 12 months Minimum Period of Service does not apply to Maxis 98/128/158/188 Plan.
- You acknowledge and agree we have the rights to block the IMEI of the Device if you are:
- suspected of fraud or found to have committed fraud; or
- you have reported to us that the Device is missing or has been stolen and have requested us to block the IMEI of the Device.
- We will not be responsible for replacing your Device or any part thereof that is lost, stolen, damaged or defective. You shall be responsible for the repair and maintenance of your Device. Should a defect or fault fall within the ambit of manufacturer’s warranty, repairs shall be subject to the applicable warranty issued by the Device manufacturer. You accept and acknowledge that the Devices are subject to the Device manufacturer’s standard warranty and we shall not be responsible and/or liable for any Devices and/or for any loss and/or damage whatsoever suffered by you and/or any other party.
Additional Features & Requirements
- The Offer cannot be exchanged for cash and the Device is not returnable upon acceptance.
- We reserve the rights to rescind any of the privileges of your rate plan in the event your line/account registered for this Offer is not used with the Device purchased.
- Your device advance payment will be rebated into your bill based on your Offer. Your service line must be active for you to be able to receive the device advance payment refund. Where your line is suspended, terminated or barred, you will not be entitled to receive the said advance payment refund.
- A minimum 3-month waiting period is applicable to you for this Offer if you are an existing customer of Maxis eligible to take up more than 1 device contract under the same Malaysian identity card number or passport number. Each device contract must be 3 months apart.