Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”) – Hotlink Postpaid Offer for Public/Private Higher Education Institution Offer
Version [18 November 2020]
The Offer: RM10 x 12 months rebate for new subscriber of Hotlink Postpaid 40 or Hotlink Postpaid 60.
You: Public or Private Higher Education Institution students who signs up for the Offer.
Offer availability period: 19th November 2020 till 18 February 2021 or such extension period as may be determined by us (“Offer Period”).
By signing up the Offer, you will get a RM10 rebate for 12 consecutive months on a Hotlink Postpaid 40 (U.P. RM40 per month) or Hotlink Postpaid 60 (U.P. RM60 per month)(“Rebate Period”). From thirteenth (13th) month onwards, your monthly commitment charges will revert back to RM40 per month for Hotlink Postpaid 40 and RM60 per month for Hotlink Postpaid 60, respectively.
All prices stated are exclusive of any applicable taxes.
The Offer is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/
Capitalised terms herein shall have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, the Offer and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Offer, Plan(s) and Service(s) at https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/, including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Offer, Service(s) and/or Plan(s) (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Offer, Services and/or Plan(s)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you will terminate the Offer, Plan(s) and/or the use of the Services by giving us notice within 28 days from the Effective Date failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
Subject to clause 11, the Offer is only eligible for new Hotlink activations customers, Mobile Number Portability (MNP) customers, rate plan upgrade or customers requesting for Service Migration from prepaid.
The Offer is only eligible for current students from Public or Private Higher Education Institution in Malaysia aged between 18 – 25 with a valid student ID.
This Offer is limited to one (1) line per (1) NRIC.
This Offer cannot co-exist with any other offers from Hotlink.
You are ineligible for this Offer if you owe us any payments.
The Offer is inapplicable to you if you are a commercial user and/or bulk subscriber.
Mobile Device for Hotlink Postpaid 60 and Minimum Commitment Period
You have the option to sign up a mobile device offered by us at the price stipulated for the particular device (“Device”) if you subscribe to Hotlink Postpaid 60 plan under this SSTC.
The said Device is subject to a twenty-four (24) months minimum commitment period commencing from the date of acceptance of these terms and conditions (“Minimum Commitment Period”) shall you accept this SSTC.
You shall NOT during the Minimum Commitment Period:
- terminate your Hotlink Postpaid mobile account or port out to another mobile service provider;
- suspend your Hotlink Postpaid mobile account;
- have your Hotlink Postpaid mobile account terminated for non-payment of monthly bills;
- change the rate plan you had registered for pursuant to the Offer; However, any upgrade of a rate plan by you is allowed with an upgrade fee where applicable; and/or
- change or transfer ownership of the Hotlink Postpaid mobile account to another person.
If any of the events in Clause 18 above occurs, you shall pay us an early termination charge as set out in clause 20 below.
Applicable early termination charges are set out below: For 24 months Device contract: [(Recommended Retail Price (RRP) – Upfront Cost) x (remaining month(s) ÷ 24 months)] + RM 100 administration fee. Payment of the early termination charge is payable by you in addition to all monies owing to us up to the time of early termination.
You acknowledge and agree we have the rights to block the IMEI of the Device if you are:
- suspected of fraud or found to have committed fraud; or
- after signing up to this Offer, you fail to make payment for a continuous period of three (3) months; or
- you have reported to us that the Device is missing or has been stolen and have requested us to block the IMEI of the Device.
If you terminate this Offer before the end of the Minimum Commitment Period, you will have to pay early termination charge for your Device contract.
For more details terms of the Maxis Device Contract, please refer to https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/personal-hotlink-postpaid/plans-services/maxis-device-contract-non-iphone/
Unlimited Minutes and SMS
You acknowledge and accept, for the voice & SMS' allocated with Hotlink Postpaid 40 or Hotlink Postpaid 60 under the Offer, that the unlimited minutes and SMS':
- applies to domestic mobile/fixed ON-net usage (Maxis to Maxis calls and SMS’) & OFF-net usage (calls and SMS’ from Maxis to other Service Provider) for the Plan (excluding, video calls, calls to numbers with special charges e.g. 1-300/1-700/600, 121, TM100, 1MOCC, 02-prefix numbers for IDD calls to Singapore & 080-prefix numbers for border calls to Brunei)
- are for standard person-to-person calls or texts and not for any commercial and/or non-personal usage; and
- is NOT meant for multiple simultaneous calling, conference calling (unless you are subscribed to the conference calling service with Maxis), re-supply, call centre usage, telemarketing, bulk messaging, application-to-person communication, continuously call forwarding, auto-dialing, machine-to-machine communication (including by using your SIM card in any other devices), Cellular Trunking Units (CTUs), or any other activity we consider to be non-standard usage.
The rates for Hotlink Postpaid 40 or Hotlink Postpaid 60 under the Offer do not account for usages while on an overseas roaming network. Whilst roaming overseas, the prevailing data roaming charges at https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/lifestyle/roaming-n-idd/roaming/ apply. International Direct Dialing (IDD)
The prevailing IDD charges at https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/lifestyle/roaming-n-idd/idd/ apply. Things we may do to the service(s)
We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Service(s) for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Service(s) if your usage:
- shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on our Network;
- is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- is not in accordance with the Maxis Fair Usage Policy (at https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/personal-hotlink-prepaid/general/maxis-fair-usage-policy/); or
- is for commercial/non-personal purposes.
Mobile Internet Package Allocation
For mobile internet data allocated with the Offer or Hotlink Postpaid plan, you acknowledge and accept that:
- You will experience data browsing at reduced speeds and with no excess charges if any usage exceeds the allocated mobile internet;
- The mobile internet package allocated within the Hotlink Postpaid plan(s) is exclusively for domestic usage only.
Subject to our GTC and this SSTC, a principal line holder may at any time terminate the Offer, plan and/or the Service(s) as follows:
- By calling our customer care line at 1-800-82-1123 or dial 123 from your mobile; or
- By walking into our Maxis Centres listed on www.hotlink.com.my.