Service Specific Terms and Conditions ("SSTC") - Hotlink RED EC/EM Plan
Hotlink RED users, please refer to the following:
All Hotlink FAST, #Hotlink and legacy users, please refer to the following:
- The Plan: Hotlink RED EC/EM Plan
- The Plan and Service(s) is applicable to the subscriber who reside in East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia or East Malaysia subject to the General Terms & Conditions ("GTC") at https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/personal-hotlink-prepaid/general/general-tnc/, this Service Specific Terms & Conditions ("SSTC"), Maxis Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions ("STC"), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Plan and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Plan, Service(s) at www.hotlink.com.my/tnc, including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s) and/or Plan (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Agreement, Services and/or Plan)) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you may discontinue using the Plan and/or the Service(s), failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
Your Service(s) Lifecycle
- Your top-up amount will determine the number of active-days to make calls, SMS, and access to the internet.
- After the Active Period ends, you can only receive incoming calls and SMS'. During the Credit Grace Period, all balance from credit & Mobile Internet passes will be suspended from usage.
- You must top-up to resume full Service(s). Failure to top-up before the end of the Credit Grace Period will result in line termination.
- Hotlink RED ECEM Plan gives you 50 days of Credit Grace Period.
Change of existing Hotlink Rate Plan
- You may change your rate plan to Hotlink Unlimited and other Hotlink plan as offered by us from time to time. You will be charged a fee of RM5.00 upon successful change of rate plan.
- Your Account lifecycle Active Period will be replaced with 30 active days at the point of migration, and the Credit Grace Period will be reset to 50 days.
- All existing subscriptions and purchases (e.g.: Mobile Internet Passes, Hot Tickets, etc.) will be retained after migration until the pass expires.
Internet Passes in Hotlink RED EC/EM Plan
- Hotlink RED EC/EM Plan customers are entitled to purchase the internet passes set out below:
CHARGES FOR CONTINUED USE UPON
|2GB for 1 day
||2GB||RM3||No charges but speed will be reduced
|1.5GB for 7 days
|6GB for 30 days
|8GB for 30 days
|RED Pass 60
|RED Pass 70
- You can subscribe to multiple Internet Passes at any point of time as the passes are stackable. The quota is applicable to all Maxis networks including 3G/4G LTE.
- Customers who purchase any of the internet passes mentioned above is entitled to redeem a FREE Non-Stop RED Pass stipulated in clause 26 below.
FREE Social Chat
- FREE Social Chat on Hotlink RED EC/EM Plan refers to internet at reduced speed limited to a maximum of 64kbps.
- This service is FREE over the Active Period only, and is subject to a Fair Usage Policy (“FUP”) of 500MB per month. Upon exhaustion of the FUP quota, FREE Basic Internet services will be disconnected.
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) sharing, Internet tethering & VoIP services are not allowed on FREE Basic Internet.
- FREE Social Chat of Hotlink RED EC/EM Plan is not available for reactivation from Credit Grace Period status via credit transfers (Ask-A-Top Up, Share-A-Top Up, Post-A-Top Up, SOS-Top Up, Auto Top Up, Maxis Pay & M-Money). The FREE Basic Internet remains available for reactivation via direct top up, such as top up ticket, E-Pin, Online Banking & Hot Tickets.
FREE 10GB Facebook
- FREE 10GB Facebook on Hotlink RED EC/EM Plan refers to any usage of internet on the Facebook application, applicable on all Maxis networks including 2G/3G/4G LTE.
- This service is FREE over Active Period only, and is subject to a FUP of 10GB per month. Upon exhaustion of the FUP quota, the internet quota from internet passes purchased by the customer will be utilized. In the event the customer has not purchased or has exhausted the internet quota of such internet passes, the internet quota from the FREE Basic Internet will then be utilized.
- Internet tethering services is allowed with the FREE 10GB Facebook, and is subject to a speed limit of 5 Mbps.
- The 10GB Facebook quota of the FREE 10GB Facebook pass will be refreshed monthly according to the Hotlink account activation date.
- FREE 10GB Facebook of Hotlink RED EC/EM Plan is not available for reactivation from Credit Grace Period status via credit transfers (Ask-A-Top Up, Share-A-Top Up, Post-A-Top Up, SOS-Top Up, Auto Top Up, Maxis Pay & M-Money). The FREE 10GB Facebook remains available for reactivation via direct top up, such as top up ticket, E-Pin & Online Banking.
- Customers who perform a rate plan change from older Hotlink Plans to Hotlink RED EC/EM Plan will be entitled to FREE 10GB Facebook. The FREE 10GB Facebook pass will be activated automatically upon successful rate plan change to Hotlink RED EC/EM Plan. All internet passes carried forward from the previous plan must be depleted fully for customers to start utilizing the FREE 10GB Facebook.
FREE Non-Stop RED Passes
- The FREE Non-Stop RED Passes under this SSTC currently offered by Hotlink are as below:-
FREE INTERNET USAGE APPLICABLE TO SELECTED
- The FREE Non-Stop RED Passes are only redeemable via the Hotlink RED App.
- You are only eligible to redeem the FREE Non-Stop RED Passes upon successful purchase of an internet pass offered in Hotlink RED.
- The Non-Stop RED Social Pass is free but is subject to a FUP of 20GB (weekly/monthly pass) or FUP of 4GB (daily pass) per subscriber during the Active Period of the Non-Stop RED Pass, in order to ensure fairness of usage and experience to all the Maxis/ Hotlink subscribers sharing the same network. Upon exceeding this FUP quota, your data usage on this pass will be throttled to the speed of 512KBps ONLY between 8:00pm to 11.59pm daily. This speed limit will be lifted at 00:00 hours the following day throughout the entire validity of the pass.
- The Non-Stop RED Video Pass is free and only applicable for usages between 1am to 7am daily during the Active Period. Usages outside the period stated will be deducted from the next available internet pass. If you do not have any other available active internet pass, you will not be able to access the internet.
- The Non-Stop RED Chat Pass and Non-Stop RED Video Pass is subject to a FUP of 1TB per month per subscriber. Upon exhaustion of this FUP quota, internet quota will be deducted from the next available internet pass. If you do not have any other available active internet pass, you will not be able to access the internet.
- The selected applications within the FREE Non-Stop RED Passes are valid over a promotional period and are subject to change from time to time.
- The internet usage is only valid for usage within the applications.
- If there are pages within an application that is hosted by a third party website, internet usages on those pages will not be drawn from the FREE Non-Stop RED passes but will be drawn from the base internet pass. Please note that P2P and VOIP/Video calls on Facebook and WhatsApp are excluded from the Non-Stop RED Passes.
- Customers who activated the Hotlink RED EC/EM Plan are entitled for free calls up to 5 Hotlink Friendz contacts (to Maxis/Hotlink numbers only). SMS rates to Hotlink Friendz contacts will be at 1sen/SMS.
- The registration of first 5 Friendz contacts are free of charge. Subsequent changes to any of the registered Friendz contact will be charged at RM10 per contact change.
- Hotlink Friendz is only valid when a customer’s status is Active, and is subject to a FUP of 1000 minutes per month. Upon exhaustion of the allocated minutes under the FUP, subsequent call rates will be charged at 15sen/30seconds.
- Free Hotlink Friendz calls are only valid for domestic calls only. Standard roaming charges apply when a call is made to Hotlink Friendz contacts while roaming.
- In the event a registered Hotlink Friendz contact is no longer a Hotlink or a Maxis subscriber, standard call/SMS rates of Hotlink RED EC/EM Plan will be applied.
Things we may do to the Plan
- We reserve the rights at any time without being liable to you or any third party to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Service(s) for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Service(s) if your usage:
- shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on the network;
- is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- is not in accordance with the Maxis Fair Usage Policy (at www.maxis.com.my/FUP)
- is for commercial/non-personal purposes.
- shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on the network;