Service Specific Terms and Conditions (“SSTC”) – Hotlink SOS TOP Up
Version [ 12 Dec 2021]
- The Service: Hotlink SOS top up is a service which allows eligible prepaid subscribers to request for and access to advance prepaid credit when the prepaid subscribers are in need of prepaid credit but their prepaid credit is low or is inactive status.
- You: Person(s) who uses the Service to request Hotlink SOS Top Up.
- The use of the Service is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”) at https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/general/, this Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), and any other applicable terms and conditions at www.hotlink.com.my/tnc.
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC and the GTC, shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; and (b) GTC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Service and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Service, plan(s) or packages a https://www.hotlink.com.my/en/terms-conditions/hotlink/services/sos-credit/, including changes to the Agreement. By using this Hotlink SOP Top Up Service, you are deemed to have read and agreed to this SSTC and any revision/change to this SSTC and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you may discontinue using the Service, failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
- The Service is available to all Hotlink prepaid subscribers who have meet the below eligibility requirements:
- have registered Hotlink prepaid account/line for at least one (1) month;
- Subject to our review of the prepaid subscriber’s average monthly spend on top up and repayment history; and/or
- Applicable for mobile device only. Not applicable if the request/ access is through tablet, Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) and/or broadband fibre.
- We reserve the right our discretion to amend/ modify the eligibility requirements for the Service from time to time with reasonable notice to you.
Hotlink SOS Top Up Credit limitation
- Hotlink SOS Top Up is subject to your credit limit based on your eligibility, repayment history record, tenure with us and such other criteria at our discretion at the time when you request to use the Service (“SOS Top Up Credit Limit”). When you exhaust or hit your Hotlink SOS Top Up Credit Limit, you will not be able to make, take or request another SOS Top Up until the advanced prepaid credit to you is paid back in full or in part to us by recharging/ next top up of your prepaid account.
- You are not allowed to cash out all or any part of the balance of prepaid credit which has been credited to you via the Service.
- Subject to the SOS Top Up Credit Limit, you may request SOS Top Up as many times as you require provided that you reload/top up/ pay back the prepaid credit advanced by us together with the Service Fee.
SOS Top-Up Channels
- Subject to the eligibility in clause 7, request of SOS Top-up can be made via the following channels: -
- Credit via SMS request to 20505;
- Credit via Hotlink app;
- Credit via UMB to 20505;
- Credit via direct carrier billing (“DCB”) service;
- Credit and validity extension via USSD; and
- Credit via auto credit.
- You may receive an invitation via SMS or USSD to access the Service when you are trying to make a call, sending an SMS, use internet data and/or purchase goods and products but have insufficient prepaid airtime.
- To turn off the SMS invitation from SOS TopUp, you may send STOPSMS to 20505 to stop receiving our invitation or offer. To start receiving our SOS Top Up again, please send STARTSMS to 20505.
Service Fee, Reload and Payback the Advanced Prepaid Credit
- The Service is subject to service fee per successful acceptance by you (“Service Fee”) and validity period as set out below:
|SOS Top Up amount (RM)||Service Fee (RM)||Validity Period (day)|
- Your request and entitlement of the SOS Top Up amount is based on your eligibility and will be determined at our absolute discretion.
- You must reload/ top up your prepaid account via any of the following methods in order to payback the prepaid credit advanced to you by us: -
- Physical top-up ticket;
- Bank reload;
- MaxisPay reload;
- Hotlink website reload; and
- Hotlink app reload
- Upon reload/top up of your prepaid account, the Service Fee and the advanced prepaid airtime amount shall be first deducted from such reload amount as a repayment to us and the balance, if any, will then be credited to your prepaid account. In the event the reload amount is less than the outstanding Hotlink SOS Top Up amount (including the Service Fee), the total amount reloaded will be deducted and the subsequent reloaded will be used to recover whatever is outstanding until the Hotlink SOS Top Up already advanced to you is fully recovered.
Things we may do to the Service
- We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Service for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Service if your usage:
- shows excessive usage or placing unusual burdens on our Network;
- is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- is not in accordance with the Agreement and/or this SSTC; or
- is for commercial/non-personal purposes.