Version [14 Dec 2015]
- The Service: Prepaid Mobile Internet service
- You: Person(s) signing up/subscribing for the Service
- The use of the Service provided by us allows you to connect to and access the Internet (both WEB and WAP services) via mobile or use of your mobile device as a modem to connect to the Internet at the rates prescribed in the Appendix for this Service.
- The use of the Service is subject to the General Terms & Conditions (“GTC”), Service Specific Terms & Conditions (“SSTC”), Maxis Fair Usage Policy (www.maxis.com.my/FUP) and any other applicable terms and conditions, all at (www.hotlink.com.my/tnc)
- Capitalised terms herein have the same meaning as defined in the GTC.
- Any conflict or inconsistency between this SSTC, the GTC and Summary Terms and Conditions (“STC”), shall be construed in the following order of precedence: (a) SSTC; (b) GTC; and (c) STC.
- We reserve the rights without liability, to revise this SSTC, Service(s) and our pricing. Where reasonably practicable, we will give you reasonable advance notice of such changes and all previous versions of our user guides or leaflets will be superseded. You accept you are responsible for regularly reviewing information on the Service(s), plan(s) or packages at www.maxis.com.my/tnc), including changes to the Agreement. Your continued use of the Service(s) and/or plan(s) or packages (after the Effective Date of any revision/change to the terms and conditions of Services and/or plan(s) or packages) shall constitute unconditional acceptance by you of such revisions/changes and you shall be bound by the same. If you do not accept such revisions/changes, you may discontinue using the top-up rewards, plan(s) and/or the Service(s), failing which you are assumed to have accepted the changes.
Delivery of Service
- You can subscribe for the Service via UMB and Mobile Application (Hotlink RED App).
- Once you have subscribed to the Service, you will have to wait for an SMS confirming activation of the Service before proceeding to use the Service.
- As of 2nd October 2014, the available prepaid data packages/passes and the applicable rates, which are all capped based on the time/usage (quota entitlement), are set out in our website at www.hotlink.com.my.
- You may buy or own any number of daily passes or passes under the Facebook Internet Plans (please see the MAXIS – Facebook Internet Plans: Terms and Conditions). However, you may only own one (1) prepaid recurring pass at any one time.
- We may revise the pricing of the Service packages, which will be reflected in our website at www.hotlink.com.my. You must keep yourself updated of any revision in pricing by visiting our website. Charges displayed do not include all applicable taxes and GST.
- For prepaid time based passes, prepaid quota upgrade passes and Facebook passes, whichever of the two expires first shall have its volume entitlement exhausted first.
- For the prepaid recurring pass (which the customer has already subscribed for), the volume entitlement in Clause 13 shall be exhausted first, followed by the prepaid recurring pass.
Status of usage of Services
- The following methods enable you to be informed of the status of usage of the Services:
- (a) SMS Notifications
- You will receive a SMS notification to inform you that your usage:
- i. has reached 80% of the volume quota for the data package you subscribed to ("80% Notification"); and/or
- ii. has exhausted the entire volume quota for the data package which you subscribed to ("100% Notification"). If you have exhausted the entire volume quota for the data package you subscribed to before your receipt of the 80% Notification, you will only receive the 100% Notification.
- • Further conditions on the SMS notification:
- i. The SMS notification is for your convenience only;
- ii. The SMS notification received may be delayed
- iii. The information in the SMS notification is system generated, based on the records as at the time stamp and not the time you receive the SMS notification. The information may not be as up to date at the time you receive the SMS notification.
- iv. We are not responsible for any error or omission of information in the SMS notification or non-receipt of the SMS notification. We are not be liable to you for any amounts, damages, loss, expenses, claims, demands or costs of any kind arising from such circumstances.
- (b) Check Status Function
- You may also check your usage of the volume quota for the data package subscribed to via UMB by selecting the 'Check Status' option in the Mobile Internet menu or via Hotlink Red App. Without limitation to any disclaimers set out in this Service SSTC, you acknowledge and agree that:
- i. the Check Status Function is for your convenience only;
- ii. receipt of the information using the Check Status Function may be delayed.
- iii. the information you receive using the Check Status Function is system generated, based on the records as at the time stamp and not the time you receive the said information. The information may not as up to date at the time you receive it.
- iv. We are not responsible for any error or omission of information from your use of the Check Status Function or non-receipt of information. We are not liable to you for any amounts, damages, loss, expenses, claims, demands or cost of any kind arising from such circumstances.
- The Service can be used on all browsing enabled devices. Please consult your Mobile Phone handbook or check with the maker of your Mobile Phone. We are not liable if you are unable to use the Service as a result of the make, model or functionality limitations of your Mobile Phone.
- You remain solely responsible to ensure the Mobile Phone or device used by you is compatible for use of the Service. You continue to be liable for any and all charges incurred in connection with the Service even if you are unable to use or view the Service purchased or subscribed to in accordance with this SSTC.
Things we may do to the Service
- We reserve the rights at any time, without being liable to you or any third party, to interrupt, bar, suspend, restrict the Service(s) for such time as we see fit or terminate, discontinue or disconnect the Service(s) if your usage is for unlawful activities or for suspected fraudulent activities;
- You shall abide by all conditions, restrictions and notifications issued by us in relation to the Service. If we are of the view that there has been a contravention of these terms and conditions, we reserve the rights to terminate and/or suspend your access and use of the Service.
- The rates outlined for the Service do not account for usages while on an overseas roaming network. Whilst roaming overseas, the prevailing data roaming charges on our website at www.hotlink.com.my apply.