Do I need to set up before using this service?
- Open the Google Play Store app. (make sure you're signed in)
- Check WiFi is turned off, and you're on the Maxis/Hotlink 3G/4G network and SMS is enabled.
- Go to Menu > Account > Add payment method > Bill my Maxis/Hotlink Account
- The new payment method is now added to your Google account.
- All set. Launch any app to start marking in-app purchase, or buy paid apps on Google Play Store.
Do I have to do this every time I want to pay with Hotlink Credit/Maxis Direct Billing?
No, you only need to do it once before the first purchase.
How do I set up the password protection in Google Play™?
To turn on password protection:
1. Open Google Play™ app on your mobile device
2. Go to the Menu icon > Settings
3. Select Require authentication for purchases and choose a setting.
4. Complete the setup by following the on-screen instructions.
You are strongly advised to turn on password protection in Google Play™ as Maxis will not be responsible for any accidental/unwanted purchases that are charged to your Maxis/Hotlink account.
How am I charged for my Google Play™ purchases?
For Postpaid, your purchases will be billed in your next bill cycle. For Prepaid, your purchase will be deducted from your available credit.
Is there a limit to my Google Play™ purchases with Hotlink Credit or Maxis Direct Billing?
For Postpaid & Prepaid, the limit is RM500/month. To increase the limit, please contact customer services for assistance. For supplementary line customers, your purchase limit can only be changed by the principal line holder.
What is my Google Play™ purchase limit, can it be changed?
The default purchase limit is set at RM500, per month. Both Prepaid & Postpaid principal line customers may request for an increase by contacting our Customer Support for assistance. Increase in purchase limit is subject to Maxis’ discretion.
Will I be informed once a payment is made?
Yes, you and your principal line holder (if any) will receive an SMS notification once payment is made. You will also receive an email notification from Google, or you can check your purchase history in your Google Wallet.