Public Cellular Blocking Service - Disclosure of Personal Data under MCMC's Directive No. 1 of 2013
What is MCEIR?
MCEIR stands for Malaysian Central Equipment Identity Register and is owned by Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC). MCEIR stores all end user information (personal data) for the purposes of PCBS and other lawful purposes as determined by MCMC.
What personal data is disclosed to MCEIR?
The personal data disclosed consists of:
- NRIC/MyKad Number or other identification document number (e.g. passport for foreigners)
- Phone number (MSISDN number)
- IMEI number
- SIM number
- Type of account subscription
- International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) number
- Phone model and its related information
- Any other relevant information as notified by MCMC
Why is my personal data being disclosed to MCEIR and can I be excluded from this?
All cellular operators are mandated to release our subscribers' data under Malaysian law, and the data cannot be excluded for any reason.
Please refer to items 20, 21 & 22 in pages 4 & 5 of this Directive on the "Obligations to Provide End User Information".