Frequently Asked Questions
Public Cellular Blocking Service - Disclosure of Personal Data under MCMC's Directive No. 1 of 2013
MCEIR stands for Malaysian Central Equipment Identity Register and is owned by Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC). MCEIR stores all end user information (personal data) for the purposes of PCBS and other lawful purposes as determined by MCMC.
For further information, please visit www.skmm.gov.my
The personal data disclosed consists of:
- NRIC/MyKad Number or other identification document number (e.g. passport for foreigners)
- Phone number (MSISDN number)
- IMEI number
- SIM number
- Type of account subscription
- International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) number
- Phone model and its related information
- Any other relevant information as notified by MCMC
All cellular operators are mandated to release our subscribers' data under Malaysian law, and the data cannot be excluded for any reason.
Details of this MCMC's Directive No. 1 of 2013 are available at (http://www.skmm.gov.my).
Please refer to items 20, 21 & 22 in pages 4 & 5 of this Directive on the "Obligations to Provide End User Information".
Need to get in touch with us?
Contact Hotlink Customer Service