Frequently Asked Questions
Direct Carrier Billing (DCB) - General (Updated as of 01-Dec-2022)
“Pay with Hotlink” is also known as Direct Carrier Billing (DCB) where you can charge your app purchases, digital contents, subscriptions and more. For Hotlink Postpaid, your purchases will be billed in your next bill. For Hotlink Prepaid, your purchases will be deducted from your available credit.
You can charge your purchases using “Pay with Hotlink” on to the following App Store:
- Apple App Store
- Google Play Store
- Huawei App Gallery
- Yes, that is known as Digital Spend Limit.
- For Hotlink Postpaid, if your line tenure is 4 months and above, you may update your spend limit via Hotlink Self Serve (https://selfserve.hotlink.com.my). For line which is less than 4 months old, the Digital Spend Limit is fixed at RM60/month**.
**Effective 3rd November 2022 for newly joined Hotlink Postpaid customers whose line is less than 4 months old. For Hotlink Postpaid Customers who joined before 3rd November 2022, your Digital Spend Limit will remain at RM55 until the end of the 4th month from the date your line was activated.
- For Hotlink Prepaid, the Digital spend limit is RM5000/month as long as you have sufficient Hotlink credit.
- We may revise the Digital Spend Limit from time to time, subject to the applicable terms and conditions. Any revision to the Digital Spend Limit will then be reflected in these FAQs.
For Hotlink Postpaid: For line tenure which is 4 months and above, you may change and manage the Digital Spend Limit via Hotlink Self Serve (https://selfserve.hotlink.com.my) or Hotlink app (https://hotlinkflex.page.link/app). For line tenure less than 4 months, you will not be able to change the Digital Spend Limit of RM55/month. Here is a video on how manage your spend limit:
No. The refund amount will not change your Digital Spend Limit.
It is available for all Hotlink Postpaid and Hotlink Prepaid customers (excluding Hotlink Tourist SIM); “Pay with Hotlink” is not open for mobile line under Corporate and Wireless Broadband service.
Unfortunately, you cannot do so. Please note that “Pay with Hotlink” only allows you to purchase content in Ringgit Malaysia.
During the initial “Pay with Hotlink” setup, you will need to be connected to Hotlink network for us to authenticate you. Once successful, you may purchase the content over WiFi connection or Hotlink’s mobile network.
“Pay with Hotlink” is not subjected to 6% Sales and Service Tax (SST).
You can control your spending by changing your spend limit and also manage your subscriptions. Here are a few videos on how to control your spend limit, cancel your content subscription and request for refund for your reference:
- For iTunes: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbl2ILY0ZTYsyo1Iz7xjYcOgfsBFSAi7U
- For Google Play: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbl2ILY0ZTYu_38T-mI-8wr54lxY9JuCi
Need to get in touch with us?
Contact Hotlink Customer Service