Frequently Asked Questions
Data Roam Pass is a roaming Mobile Internet pass that allows the subscriber to access internet browsing whilst travelling overseas. List of Data Roam Pass available for Hotlink, are:-
- 1 day pass: ASEAN RM10, Asia Pacific RM20, Other countries RM38
- 3 day Pass: ASEAN RM20 (9 countries), Asia Pacific RM30 (16 countries)
- 7 day pass: ASEAN RM30 (9 countries), Asia Pacific RM50 (16 countries), Europe RM50 (33 countries)
- 14 day pass: Europe RM70 (33 countries)
Just turn on data roaming and use auto-subscribe for Data Roam Pass.
Alternatively, you may manually activate via Easy Menu:
- Dial *100#
- select Intl Roaming
- select any Country
- buy the required pass
Yes, for both manual and auto subscriptions, you will receive an SMS when your pass has been successfully activated. Alternatively, you can check your status by dialing *100#.
The pass offers mobile internet browsing when a subscriber is travelling abroad. Upon exhaustion of the quota for the respective pass, you will be able to continue browsing at a reduced internet speed.
Yes. You can still continue browsing without any data charges even though you have used all your Data Roam Pass quota. However, your internet usage speed will be reduced until the pass expires.
Yes. You can restore your internet usage speed by subscribing to a new Data Roam Pass. To subscribe ,dial *100# > International Roaming > Country > Buy data pass. View the list of countries here.
There is no limit to the number of passes you can buy; the pass(es) are stackable.
No, 1 Day Data Roam Pass is country specific. If you are traveling to multiple countries a day, you will need to activate Data Roam Pass and browse on the respective preferred operators in each country.
We have a few options of Data Roam pass you to choose from. You will need to choose and activate the Data Roam pass which suits your usage manually.
To subscribe, dial *100# > International Roaming > Country > Buy data pass. View the list of countries here.
You may use the Data Roam Pass in the countries of the same region. Here is the list of countries that covered by the respective long validity pass:-
- ASEAN 3 day/7 day pass: BRUNEI, CAMBODIA, INDONESIA, LAOS, MYANMAR, PHILIPPINES, SINGAPORE, THAILAND, VIETNAM
- Asia Pacific 3 day/7 day pass : AUSTRALIA, CHINA, HONG KONG, INDIA, JAPAN, KOREA, KUWAIT, KYRGYZSTAN, MACAO, NEW ZEALAND, PAKISTAN, QATAR, SAUDI ARABIA, SRI LANKA, TAIWAN, TAJIKISTAN
- Europe 7 day/14 day pass: AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BULGARIA, CROATIA, CZECH, DENMARK, ESTONIA, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HUNGARY, IRELAND, ITALY, LATVIA, LITHUANIA, LUXEMBOURG, MONTENEGRO, NETHERLANDS, NORWAY, POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SLOVAK, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TURKEY, UKRAINE, UNITED KINGDOM, UZBEKISTAN
No, Data Roam Pass is exclusively for international roaming ONLY.
You can check both the pass validity and data usage by dialing *100# > International Roaming > Check Status.
You will be charged pay-per-use rates at RM38/MB.
Need to get in touch with us?
Contact Hotlink Customer Service